<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 08, 2004

Added Thought 

I guess I'm nervous about what people might think of me for stating that morality is relative and business is amoral. I'm told I have a moral approach in the way I do business. But, that doesn't change the case, it seems to me. There are plenty of practitioners who are relative in their decisions and justify speech and action I personally find offensive. But, they practice PR, whether I like it or not and whether I care for their reputations or not. In PR, as in all business, one chooses the ethical level at which one works. There is room for saints and charlatans. Attempts to police the field have failed repeatedly in the U.S., and because there is a First Amendment right of free speech, they will continue to fail.

You may not like it, but that's the way it is.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?