<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 16, 2004

Blitzed 

I'm back from a conference that lasted a day and a half with 30 pages of notes that have to be turned into an opinion piece by Monday. I can't see straight about now.

I arose at 4 am to catch a plane back to New York and got to my desk around 8 am. Because I take notes in notehand, a version of shorthand, I translate them into the computer. That takes time. Because I took many of the notes in a dark room that prevented me from seeing the page well, it is a challenge. Once the notes are in, I have to find a theme that will thread through them all. Then -- and only then -- comes the writing. I figure it will be about Sunday before I'm done, but I could get lucky.

It would be much easier just to report on what everyone said, but that is not what we need for this client.

I would really like to take a nap about now, but it is time to go back to work.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?