<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Hard to Believe 

I know I wrote that I wasn't going to post for a few days but this is hard to believe. A good 75% of Americans are still depending on slow dial-up connections for the internet, assuming that broadband gained a few percentage points in the last year. It is difficult to imagine life in the slow lane. We changed over to broadband about six years ago now, and in that time, we have forgotten the madness of modems that worked sometimes and not others.

I can understand the difficulty of rural broadband service because my father lives in a farm district where it is not available but I cannot believe that 75% of America lives in similar circumstances. There aren't that many people in the Red States.



Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?