<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Where Have I Been 

I missed this story earlier, and I wonder why. It's about a PR agency that keeps an open bar while holding brainstorming sessions. Apparently a little snifter of this and that helps the creative processes, or so says one of the agency's owners. I have read writer's advice that says one should keep authors well-stocked with booze, but this is the first time I have read about a PR agency doing it.

Just think of the creative excuses one would have for reeling home after work. "It was a brilliant brainstorming." Now, in defense of the agency owner, she maintains no one has overindulged so far and the bar bill has helped the agency conduct better business. Still, without being a prude on the matter, I don't think it is a good idea, and I won't drink while on duty. The issue is staying awake for the rest of the day. Alcohol relaxes me to the point of wandering in a sleepy fog if I tipple during work hours.

Maybe you don't relax as much. If not, here's a great new benefit to suggest to your employer. (Don't be surprised if you get turned down.)

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?