<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Good Idea 

I don't know where I have been but I wasn't aware of Vmags for college recruiting until a New York Times article from last week (Dec. 30). The article focused on St. Mary's College in Notre Dame, IN. It's a good PR idea to have full-motion video with sound for show-and-tells in magazine form. The system the campus is using is called Vmag from NEWGame communications in Charlotte, NC. Each magazine has a package of four one to two minute video clips of aspects of campus life for prospective recruits.

I had trouble getting connected because I don't allow ActiveX controls on my system but after getting around that, the system is ready to receive 5-minute magazines sent from the college. I will be interested to see how they look, and you might be too.

While this blog doesn't flack products or services, it does take note of good ideas -- and this one seems to be that. I am curious to know what you think about it. Video magazines, it seems to me, have wide application in both the non-profit and corporate environments.

Comments:
Hey There - just wanted to give you the heads up on the University of Texas Vmag's blog...behind-the-scenes of the behind-the-scenes mag. We're the same folks that did the Saint Mary's Vmag. It won't be "giving away the farm" by any means...but there will be photos, clips and commentary from all of us here who are getting the access and what we get to see of the University of Texas football program. It's really cool stuff and the first issue is free - after that it's weekly deliveries all season for just 25 bucks. We'd love to get in your blog roll if possible...just let us know. Take care.

Vmag Insider
http://utvmag.blogspot.com
 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?