<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Eventitis 

Our firm was part of a client event last night, and I noticed something about myself. I can never stand still in an event and network. I'm always fussing about the room and checking things, talking to the workers, introducing people, doing something. It's an outward manifestation of my inner conviction that Murphy's Law applies to every event. Put a crowd in a room with an assigned series of tasks, and something is bound to go wrong. In fact, nothing went wrong last night, and the affair went off smoothly. But, Nature got into the act with a boiling day in the northeast US that kept down some attendance. The previous time we held an event in the same room, there was a fierce rainstorm that also harmed attendance.

There are some things no one can control, but the fussing makes me feel better.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?