<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Blogs and Public Affairs 

I had missed this article earlier, but it's an excellent discussion with examples of how blogs have changed public affairs in Washington. I suspect this will become -- or already is -- the case in state politics.

Read the article with some caution, however. It opens with a focus on social security and blogging's impact on Bush's proposals. Social security is a flash point issue, so it was relatively easy to gain attention. I wonder what blogging would do for financial disclosure questions being debated at the Securities and Exchange Commission or obscure tax code provisions being discussed in the halls of Congress. I suspect blogging would not have as much impact.

My guess is that blogging is not yet a universal tool for public affairs, but it is an increasingly important one.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?