<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I Feel Better 

A couple of weeks ago, I reported on a spreadsheet model I had built for a company that contained a 600% error in a critical factor. That was embarrassing to me personally but a colleague spotted the mistake, and we fixed it long before it went out the door to the client.

That makes a press release like this one doubly embarrassing for Booz Allen Hamilton, a consulting company that made mistakes in advising the Federal Communications Commission. The release goes out of its way to take the blame from the FCC and dump it squarely on the consulting firm. Frankly, I think it goes overboard, and it smacks of defensiveness. I don't know who wrote the release, but it could have been toned down a bit. On the other hand, never underestimate the righteousness of Federal bureaucrats. They're making a point here with a sledgehammer.

I have never written a release like this yet. I hope I never have to.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?