<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

One Chance 

A publicist from a Los Angeles agency sent me a press release yesterday about a topic that I have never covered and never would cover. My name was on a list somewhere. This is a reminder to the publicist to check before sending out mass mailings. Should there be a next time, his name and agency will be listed for all to read.

Reporters and editors complain constantly about being bombarded with useless releases because PR practitioners fail to read their publication or check their beats before sending them out. It is a longstanding abusive practice, and it is my belief that PR bloggers should help stop it.

Comments:
Why don't you just respond and ask to be taken off their list? A mass mailing list probably has hundreds if not thousands of names, I think it's a little unreasonable to expect the person sending out the release, who I would guess probably bought the list, to manage it.
 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?